In my intro, aka late night ramble, I mentioned that I was Wiccan. I don’t who might stumble across this blog, and I don’t want a lot of hate comments and hate mail, so I figured I’d clear up any misconception you might have.
Common questions I get asked:
Fyre, do you worship the devil?
- Nope. Wiccans don’t believe in the Christian devil. He’s a Christian creation and they can keep him.
Hey Fyre, do you sacrifice animals?
- NO! I have two adorable dogs and I love all animals. No Wiccan sacrifices animals. Wicca is an earth worshiping religion, we never hurt animals or anyone.
Fyre, can you really fly on a broom?
- Can you? No? Well good cause I can’t either. Gravity doesn’t work that way.
Mrs. Pendragon, do you live in a baked good houses and eat small children?
- No I don’t eat children and living in a house made of pastries would draw bugs. (ick!)
Fyre do you live in your parents basements and play video games and D&D?
- My parents don’t have a basement, I live at college and I adore both video games and D&D, now what does that have to do with Wicca?
See how crazy some of these are? Ive seriously been asked these at one point in time. Including if I ate children. Wicca is a very peaceful, harmonious and balanced way of life which promotes oneness with the divine and all which exists.
“Wicca is a deep appreciation and awe in watching the sunrise or sunset, the forest in the light of a glowing moon, a meadow enchanted by the first light of day. It is the morning dew on the petals of a beautiful flower, the gentle caress of a warm summer breeze upon your skin, or the warmth of the summer sun on your face. Wicca is the fall of colorful autumn leaves, and the softness of winter snow. It is light, and shadow and all that lies in between. It is the song of the birds and other creatures of the wild. It is being in the presence of Mother Earths nature and being humbled in reverence. When we are in the temple of the Lord and Lady, we are not prone to the arrogance of human technology as they touch our souls. To be a Witch is to be a healer, a teacher, a seeker, a giver, and a protector of all things.“
(To avoid large block of text rant, here is a site that explain Wicca very well. Its also where the above quote is from 🙂 -http://www.wicca.com/celtic/wicca/wicca.htm- )
Okay, that’s enough of a rant from me. I’m out for now.
Night and Blessed be